“At Inalfa quality is everywhere, every day”
VP Global Quality & Operational Excellence
As a Manufacturing System Specialist you will conduct assessments within the plant and identify need for improvements. You provide guidance, give advice and recommendations in order to deploy Inalfa standards in a correct way. You ensure that Inalfa Manufacturing System (IMS) is fully understood and communicated within the regions. You will drive implementation and application of Lean Principles to production processes with the intent to detect and eliminate waste, improve operational performance and create an environment of continuous improvement. In this role you will report directly to the Director Global Operational Excellence in Venray (Global HQ).
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Perform global IMS assessments in the plants and make sure the system is understood.
- Cooperate with General Plant Managers and Operations Management on regional and global level to achieve support and create synergy.
- Support regional operations management to resolve production & quality problems via root cause analysis.
- Support regional operations management in evaluating plant processes for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate activities related to IMS principles & elements (5S, Standardize work, problem solving techniques, etc.).
- Train and coach different departments in specific Inalfa Manufacturing System (IMS) topics.
- Initiate and promote awareness and application of IMS tools to improve metrics related to safety, delivery performance, quality, productivity, and operational costs.
- Prepare and administrate appropriate tracking methods and KPI reporting of IMS activities for the region, including training qualification matrices and plans.
- Ensure regional exchange of know-how and experiences among Inalfa Global Operational Excellence members.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience within a manufacturing operation environment. Preferably within the automotive industry.
- Extensive experience & knowledge of lean manufacturing tools in addition to problem-solving methods (i. e. Toyota Production System, Six Sigma, 5S, KAIZEN, POKA YOKE, KANBAN, etc.)
- Ability to train and coach within all levels of the plant.
- Experienced moderator with proven abilities to motivate, negotiate, coach & team build.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relations with (remote) colleagues.
- Familiar with TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Ability/willingness to travel internationally (up to 25-50%).
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.