“Acquiring the right talent is the most important key to growth”
Manager Global Talent Acquisition
Job Title: HR Generalist I
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Supervisor or Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
This position supports the Human Resources function in a manufacturing & assembly environment. The position is responsible for hourly employee relations, policy & work rule enforcement, time & attendance, hourly recruiting & onboarding and other Human Resources activities necessary to support the operations workforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews hourly employee resumes for employment opportunities
- Extends offers of employment for hourly positions
- Runs post offer background checks and schedules post hire employment physicals and drug screens
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation and onboarding
- Administers and tracks all types of leave of absence in accordance with company leave policies
- Submits employee unemployment applications to the state of Georgia
- Conducts the dismissal of hourly employees for various reasons
- Enters, maintains and ensures the accuracy of employee data into the HRIS, time and payroll systems
- Responds to employee questions & resolves employee issues & concerns about, but not limited to company policies, programs, benefits, time worked & payroll errors
- Makes or requests assistance to make corrections to payroll & time worked records
- Ensures compliance state and federal laws and regulations
- Posts communications to the hourly operations staff
- Works with Learning & Development staff on hourly training
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programs
- May conduct hourly employee investigations & compile information for Senior Management review
- Maintains employee personnel files
- Responds to employment verification requests
TS 16949 RESPONSIBILITIES The TS 16949 responsibilities listed below are required for this position. Other responsibilities may be added, with or without notice in writing, at any time.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree or equivalent; at least 2 years of Human Resources experience in an automotive / manufacturing plant.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with and apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perfume the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee regularly works in an office and automotive manufacturing environment around moving mechanical equipment and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Periodic domestic and international travel may be required by plane, train, boat or car.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.