From theory to reality – through focus, precision and scientific proof.
As market leader in the design, engineering and production of automotive roof solutions, we apply our expertise, knowledge and experience for the roof systems of today, tomorrow and the more distant future. Our company slogan “Powered by Spirit, driven by Innovation” is both a promise and an ambition. It represents our core competence of enhancing comfort and in-vehicle mobility experiences. Inalfa Roof Systems is a company who lives and breathes innovation. Authenticity elicits enthusiasm and inspiration among all audiences: clients, stakeholders, suppliers and employees
As Expert Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineering you will be part of our global team defining how new roof systems are industrialized. In this role you will be jointly responsible for translating a new product design into a competitive production solution (focusing on CAPEX and labor), working together with design engineering and business development. You will be responsible for monitoring/supporting the new program from the sales quotation phase, until start of production. In this role we expect you to standardize and enforce ways of working around labor and CAPEX. On a global level tracking labor, investments and technology for all manufacturing processes is part of your job. Because of the global role you are also asked to advise management on technical and strategic topics and to create global standards and guidelines. As part of the AME Industrial Engineering team, you will work closely together with Industrial engineers from the AME departments in all Inalfa regions and Plants. You will report directly to our AME Director Industrial Engineering.
As a Expert Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineering your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Translate product designs into industrialization concept, and advise on Design For Assembly;
- Develop assembly line concepts, calculate line labor for new developments;
- Develop and verify labor standard for the different roof types, and align on global level;
- Support the regional AME departments regarding labor balancing and equipment/process standards;
- Continuous development, documentation and maintenance of labor, investment and process standards;
- Effectively enforce standardized work practices and global procedures throughout the regions;
- Identify project risks and develop appropriate counter measures to reduce or offset the risk identified;
- Report information about labor and investment costs to internal executive management;
- Advising regional and global management on topics related to new product industrialization
What do we expect from you?
- You have a relevant degree on BA level, preferably MSc.
- At solid experience as member of an Industrial engineering team preferably in an automotive environment;
- Cost, fact and analytical driven person, with attention for detail;
- Good understanding of LEAN methodology to be able to develop best practice flow design;
- Understanding of financial and accounting terms and processes;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and flexibility to adapt to changes quickly;
- Organized and professional demeanor; assertive communication skills;
- Able to think broadly and build relationships at different levels of the organization and across different cultures;
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills in English. Dutch and German would be a plus.
- Willingness to travel internationally if required
Inalfa Roof Systems designs, develops and manufactures sunroofs and open-roof systems for the automotive industry. Our customers are BMW Group, Daimler, Chrysler Group, Ford, General Motors, Volkswagen, Audi, Volvo, Citroën, Chery, Geely, Hyundai Kia, Land Rover, Renault, Nissan and others. Inalfa Roof Systems Group is headquartered in Venray (Limburg), the Netherlands, and has a global footprint with facilities in Europe, Asia and the America’s.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.