“Enjoy a great challenge? Join the team!”
Joost de Beer
The Global Technology department contains four disciplines:
Responsible for the long term development strategy, market and customer research and long term innovative technologies
Responsible for the development from ideas to marketable product concepts and technologies.
Responsible for the standardization of technologies worldwide, the strategy and the knowledge management within the various technology disciplines. They also provide support to the project teams worldwide.
Responsible for patenting new concepts, guarding Inalfa from infringing competitor patents and investigating infringements by our competition on our own patents
The student will work within the Global development department, individually under supervision of an Advanced engineer as well as in cooperating with other department members. It is a serious but informal department with a friendly and personal atmosphere. The students will be part of the team and will be guided in a way that provides maximum results for Inalfa and for the student, to create a win-win situation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
Inalfa Roofsystems develops and produces new roofsystems for the worldwide automotive market. In order to be successful in the market, sunroofs have to be continuously improved, and market trends need to be followed. The global development department is responsible for new developments of new technology for roofsystems for the future market.
The student will work at the department together with a project team on new developments for roofsystems and will be guided by an advanced engineer.
The developments can be focused on several aspects such as strength, stiffness, headroom, safety, weight, costs, adding new functions, etc.
The intern assignment is to assist the Advanced Engineer in engineering activities that will lead to a product that fulfills all requirements and has a good future market position.
The tasks during the internship can be for example:
- Problem analysis
- Benchmarking of competitor products compared to Inalfa products
- Requirement analysis
- Idea generation and selection
- Concept design and development
- Creating force/strength calculations
- Creation of tolerance stacks
- Creation of manufacturing strategy and cost analysis
- Risk assessment
What do we expect from you?
- You are a student in Mechanical Engineering or relevant
- Able to communicate in English in an business environment
- Good technical knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.