“At Inalfa quality is everywhere, every day”
VP Global Quality & Operational Excellence
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports To: Plant Quality Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of the products assigned in order to meet customer’s needs and Inalfa’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Acts as liaison between Manufacturing, Operational Quality and Engineering relative to customer specifications, customer quality requirements and customer problems.
• Monitor all manufacturing processes through audits and daily evaluations, to ensure that processes are being followed and short cuts are not being taken, jeopardizing the quality of our product.
• Review and diagnosis defective material rejected during manufacturing process, customer returns, warranty analysis and supplier.
• Identify the root cause and systematic corrective actions and updating of applicable documentation.
• Provide customer support on existing and new programs, engineering changes and deviations (as needed)
• Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to work effectively within team environment to motivate and elicit work output.
• Assist in maintaining IATF16949 status while driving customer scorecard improvements.
• Track and manage KPI’s assigned in the plant to improve FTT / OEE / Scrap and D/T related to quality for assigned customers.
• Practice and promote safe work practices throughout the plant.
• Review statistical data and present in a graphical format.
• Assist plants in implementation of statistical methods and quality improvement programs
• Promote team concepts and participate in teams to drive out risk and variation within the processes
• Understand and follow Inalfa policies and practices and any other legal requirements.
• Must be an active participant in achieving and maintaining quality goals and continuous improvement activities.
• Assist in conducting annual plant audits (VDA, LPA and IATF) systems surveys, assist in providing feedback to improve Quality procedures and systems
• Continually strive to improve: testing methods, tooling, and equipment through statistical sampling, that will ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product.
• Remain flexible with daily activities to handle emergency issues as they arrive
• Travel as necessary to customers and suppliers to control problem areas
• Coach and support quality inspectors, techs and CMM operators / programmers to effectively execute responsibilities and process adherence.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Supervise quality auditors, carries our supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policy and applicable laws.
IATF 16949 RESPONSIBILITIES
The IATF 16949 responsibilities listed below are required for this position. Other responsibilities may be added, with or without notice in writing, at any time. Adhere to all IATF 16949 procedures as related to the Quality department function.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering related field and / or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years’ experience in automotive quality focusing on assembly.
• 2 years’ minimum inspection experience
• ASQC Certifications preferred with commitment to continual education
• IATF 16949, VDA Auditor preferred.
• Demonstrated excellent problem solving, leadership, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
• Must have working knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes and principles (ISO/IATF), including automotive industry standards.
• Requires experience in product and process failure analysis(FMEA) and an understanding of quality techniques such as SPC, Core Tools, Kaizen, DOE, etc.
• Must have demonstrated a record of achievement in problem solving with production teams
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation, training and leadership skills
• Experience with foreign & domestic automotive companies – preferably with BMW Spartanburg.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perfume the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee regularly works in an office environment. Occasionally the employee works in the manufacturing area around moving mechanical equipment and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and benefits.
- A culture focused on teamwork and solving problems together.
- An innovative atmosphere where new ideas are welcome!
- Opportunities for your personal and professional development.
Our Core Values areOne Inalfa, Ownership, Ambition and Progress.
WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT!