“Acquiring the right talent is the most important key to growth”
Manager Global Talent Acquisition
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Department: Environmental Health & Safety Department
Reports To: Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT POSITION.
Primary functions are to: To provide site safety leadership, ensure compliance with Company safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure Company safety policies and procedures are aligned with federal, state and local regulations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed and maintained.
- Perform on-site safety assessments
- Manage safety recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Coordinate safety trainings for all new and existing employees
- Plan, develop and implement safety training for new employee orientation and annual required programs
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports. Responsible for the overall administration of worker’s compensation program.
- Assist in the administration of safety reward programs.
- Present information in a group and meeting setting with professionalism
- Promote Health & Safety awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and specific monthly training programs.
- Perform audit practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company. Programs and Federal/State occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting all plant and regulatory reports in a timely manner.
- Investigate, analyze, and report all accidents resulting in time lost injuries/illnesses or major property, liability or equipment damage.
- Provide assistance in representing the plant in all safety related hearings (OSHA, MIOSHA, etc.).
- Recommend and enforce appropriate disciplinary action when safety policy violations have occurred.
- Responsible for assisting and maintaining ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Perform other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator reports to the Health Safety & Environmental Manager. Although no direct supervision of other employees is involved, the Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator must work closely with other company personnel (e.g. Engineering, Maintenance, Training Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Quality).
IATF 16949/ ISO14001 / ISO 45001 RESPONSIBILITIES
The IATF16949and ISO14001 responsibilities listed below are required for this position. Adhere to all IATF16949 (Quality) / ISO14001 (Environmental) / ISO 45001 (Health & Safety) procedures as related to the operations department function.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field preferred; and/or equivalent years of direct field safety experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Current working knowledge of Federal and State Health & Safety Regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for periods up to 12 hours; use extremities repetitively to manipulate and grasp objects, vibratory tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must be able to repetitively lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.